MSN Stock Screener
The Deluxe MSN stock screener and portfolio were retired in November, 2009.
The following is retained for historical purposes only
In addition to free stock screeners, several fee-based screeners can serve as replacements for MSN Deluxe.
MSN Stock Screener Alternatives
Consider the following arranged in order of approximate annual cost:
- Morningstar Premium - Lots of data as well as the Morningstar rating system. No custom calculations can be created.
- AAII Stock Investor Pro - Updated daily for downloading. Analyst recommendations may be the only missing piece of data. Custom fields are saved by name. Can screen against custom stock universes. Back-testing is cumbersome, but possible.
- Zacks Premium - Lots of data as well as the Zacks rating system. No custom calculations can be created.
- Worden Telechart - TA system with many fundamental fields available for screening and can screen against custom stock universes. Proprietary indicators. Back-testing is available as an add-on. Custom fields can be created and named.
- Portfolio123 - StockScreen123 on steroids. Does everything and includes a simulator with separate sell rules. Cost varies with amount of data included in simulation. Create custom ranking systems.
- VectorVest - Mix of fundamental and and proprietary indicators. Can screen against custom stock universes. Much of the fundamental data in packaged as proprietary rankings. Robust back-testing and simulation capabilities. Custom fields can be created and named.
- Zacks Research Wizard - Extensive data set with robust back-testing capabilities. Custom fields can be created but not named. Telephone support.
If you know of other fee-based screeners please contact us so we can share the information with everyone.
original MSN Deluxe screener review is
being left for a record of what was available.
Return to MSN Stock Screener Update